We’re always looking for people who share our values and bring new ideas and experience to Indaver. We welcome your application too.
In the right-hand column you can click through to job openings in the other regions.
Senior Project Engineer
Indaver leads the field in sustainable waste management in Europe. Our trademark is delivering high quality, cost effective services in the municipal, industrial and specialist hazardous waste markets. We offer Total Waste Management solutions for our Pharma and Medical device customers.
Our Waste-to-Energy facility based in Duleek, Co. Meath produces electricity to power more than 22,000 homes from household waste that would otherwise be landfilled. Our business is firmly in the circular economy, which is why sustainability is at the core of our business and also our company culture.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Based at our plant in Meath reporting to the Plant manager, this new role will play an important role on the site Senior Leadership team.The successful candidate will be the principle project lead with responsibility for delivering a wide range of mechanical, structural, civil and process related projects from initial concept to handover. This role will be responsible for leading the projects team across a wide variety of projects including - new process introduction, regulatory compliance and safety improvements, major plant overhauls, profit improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
• Delivery of Continuous Improvement Projects for the Plant.
• Developing and leading the projects team.
• Influencing key stakeholders in the delivery of key projects & KPI’s.
• Manage all works on site related to projects including delivery on time and within budget.
• Develop and agree a design with project sponsors and ensure it complies with best practice & Indaver standards.
• Source equipment, resources and contractors to complete projects while using a Continuous Improvement mindset.
• Compliance with safety requirements at all times in order to guarantee the safety of employees / contractors.
• Liaise with plant operations to ensure minimum disruption while projects are being implemented.
• Provide fully commissioned projects and handover a package of drawings, safety files, training and process controls to the business owners.
Required skills :
• Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical engineering or similar.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management in a similar or equivalent industry.
• Strong people leadership and development skills.
• Demonstrating concern for people, safety and the environment.
• Continuous Improvement mindset and experience.
• Extensive knowledge of technical equipment, systems, and documentation.
• Results orientated & ability to work on own initiative.
Taking care of our colleagues is of most importance to us
At Indaver we provide an excellent range of benefits to provide our colleagues with the additional support and flexibility to enable a truly enjoyable work life balance.
Our broad range of attractive benefits enable our colleagues to enjoy life at any stage while growing a career path, with benefits such as:
• Competitive Salaries with excellent shift allowance where relevant
• Very attractive pension scheme
• Paid Private Healthcare
• Paid Maternity leave
• Paid Paternity leave
• Increasing Annual leave linked with service
• Paid Educational support for external further learnings,
• Paid study and exam leave
• Long service rewards
• Tax saver scheme for public transport
• Cycle to work scheme
• Paid parking
• Death in Service Insurance provided
Supporting your work life balance
We believe in promoting the health and well-being of our colleagues at work, also at home.
We strive to attract and retain the best and to do this we support our colleagues to meet the challenges of busy working lives through providing:
• Flexibility of working hours
• Home/Remote working options