We’re always looking for people who share our values and bring new ideas and experience to Indaver. We welcome your application too.
In the right-hand column you can click through to job openings in the other regions.
Managing Director (Rivenhall)
Indaver leads the field in sustainable waste management in Europe, with facilities and operations in Belgium, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, France and Portugal. With over 30 years expertise and 1800 employees we offer sustainable waste management solutions to large scale industry, public authorities and waste collection companies. We are continuously seeking to develop waste treatment infrastructure in Europe as well as in the UK.
In 2021 we commenced the construction of a new Integrated Waste Management Facility & Energy Centre in Rivenhall (Essex) for an investment budget of £460 million to deliver renewable energy and to meet net-zero carbon targets. The facility will comply with the most stringent environmental standards, supply electricity to an equivalent of 60,000 households and offer employment to about 65 employees. We are currently looking for a highly motivated General Manager to co-develop the project with the Group Engineering team, start-up and manage all site related activities.
Your current and future role
Reporting to the CEO of the Indaver Group you will be responsible to start-up, organize and manage all site activities of the new Integrated Waste Management Facility & Energy Centre in Rivenhall (Essex). During construction phase started this year and with foreseen delivery in 2025 you will act as Project Owner and work in close cooperation with the Project Director who is responsible for the construction of the plant.
After the start-up you will lead the daily management of the plant including its commercial activities in full compliance with local regulations and internal policies whilst aiming to realize safe and steady operations, operational excellence and customer satisfaction.
You will lead Indaver Rivenhall Ltd. as company director and are member of its Board of Directors.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the Group Engineering team in the realisation of the project within time and budget foreseen in the business plan by taking up the role as Project Owner.
- Develop and implement an organization with operational, commercial, financial and other supporting activities for Indaver Rivenhall in close cooperation with Indaver Group Shared Services.
- Ensure the plant is adequately staffed with employees with the right competencies and behaviours in line with the Indaver values and are well-trained to fulfil their roles.
- Prepare, manage and follow-up on operational, supporting and commercial budgets to meet targets.
- Initiate and implement actions to ensure continuous operation of the installations and continuous improvements to cope with the changing requirements in the areas of safety, environment, quality, customers and costs.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with communities, regulators and authorities and with the customers to sell our services at the right price.
- Steer and coach your management team to get the best out of people, facilities, systems, abilities and opportunities.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Mining) with more than 15 years of industrial managerial experience preferably in an international context (waste management, metallurgy, power generation, cement industry, petrochemicals etc.).
- Master’s degree or evidence of ability to think at this level.
- Additional degree in General or Business Management or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of safety and environmental legislation & policy is an advantage.
- Established and proven track record of broad people management skills as well as the ability to build relationships and negotiate with different stakeholders.
- As you will work in an international context travel abroad can be expected.
- An exciting position to develop and implement a new business and which is appropriately remunerated with a competitive salary, performance bonus, mobility budget and pension, life assurance & medical schemes.
- Full ownership of your career development and the chance to shape and contribute to a more sustainable environment.