We’re always looking for people who share our values and bring new ideas and experience to Indaver. We welcome your application too.
In the right-hand column you can click through to job openings in the other regions.
Are you an adaptable, results focussed HSEQ professional, used to applying your problem solving skills to influence and drive continuous improvement?
Would you consider yourself an open and transparent communicator, adept at building rapport and forging long term relationships?
In January 2022 Indaver UK begins operations at our NESS project in Aberdeen, a new state-of the-art facility producing energy for export to the national grid as well as heating for the local district to support future generations to come.
As part of this much anticipated launch we are seeking an experienced and diligent HSEQ Manager to manage the implementation and monitoring of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems to operate and maintain the facility safely and efficiently.
Ideally you will have an in-depth knowledge of Integrated Management Systems gained at a senior level within the power generation or continuous process industries and you will be used to dealing with local and national regulatory and certification bodies, at Indaver we encourage you to have authority in the decision-making process and as such you will be the key focal point on all matters relating to license and permit compliance, managing key interfaces with Environmental Agencies and the Health and Safety Executive.
This is a unique, varied opportunity with a high level of autonomy, allowing you to use your skills and attributes to inform and educate the wider community as well being an instrumental part of the ongoing success and safety of the facility.
Role and Responsibilities
The HSEQ Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of all Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems, processes, and associated requirements to operate and maintain the NESS facility in a safe and compliant manner.
- Provide leadership in all safety related matters and areas of operation within the facility and interfaces with external clients and vendors.
- Liaison with the Grid Operator/District Heating Operator on all matters concerning safe execution of work.
- Act as the key interface and relationship owner on all matters relating to legislative requirements and reporting with the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA) and the Health and Safety Executive
- Support facility production and maintenance activities through the provision of expert advice in relation to risk identification and management.
- Design and ownership of the NESS Integrated Management System (IMS) in accordance with the applicable ISO Standards
- Participate in the development, control and optimisation of operational budgets in conjunction with the Plant & General Manager
- NEBOSH Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety, or a recognised equivalent
- Preferably degree educated in a related science or engineering area of study
- Proven HSEQ management experience gained within a power generation or continuous process industry
- Proven track record of dealing with regulatory and certification authorities
- In-depth and systematic knowledge of Integrated Management Systems and respective certification bodies
- Waste sector permit and licensing knowledge is desirable but not essential
Taking care of our colleagues is of upmost importance to us, at Indaver we provide an excellent range of benefits to provide our colleagues with the additional support and flexibility to enable a truly enjoyable work life balance. Our range of benefits enable our colleagues to enjoy life at any stage while growing a career path, including:
- Attractive Pension scheme
- Paid training with study and exam leave
- Long service rewards, including increased Annual Leave
- Cycle to work scheme