We’re always looking for people who share our values and bring new ideas and experience to Indaver. We welcome your application too.
In the right-hand column you can click through to job openings in the other regions.
Are you a safety focussed Process Engineer who enjoys using your analytical thinking to challenge the conventional and drive continuous improvement?
Are you a natural problem solver with an acumen for producing fit for purpose solutions?
Do you have a background working within a high temperature, continuous process environment?
In January 2022 we begin operations at our NESS project in Aberdeen, a new-state-of the-art facility producing energy for electricity on the national grid as well as access for the local community to a District Heating scheme.
As part of this launch, we are seeking a highly organised and degree qualified Process Engineer capable of assuming the lead in monitoring and optimising production processes across the facility. You will play a key role in ensuring a Safety-First culture is maintained while using your knowledge and expertise to monitor costs and efficiencies, ensuring full compliance with site licensing needs.
This is a diverse role, pivotal to the facility and at Indaver we have the confidence in you to work with autonomy, allowing you the authority to develop and progress, contributing to you own long-term success.
If you are looking to transition to a company that provides genuine career stability, progression and actively encourages a culture of work-life balance then click below to apply.
Role and Responsibilities
The Process Engineer is responsible for the monitoring and optimisation of all production process efficiencies to ensure that the NESS facility operates at minimum cost whilst remaining in full compliance with its Pollution Prevention & Control Permit and site licensing requirements.
- Unyielding focus on continuous improvement of the operational processes within the facility
- Liaison with other plant operators and technology networks, such as PREWIN
- Care, Connect and Coach all members of staff, and anyone else providing services within the facility to ensure that all risks are identified, controlled and/or suitably mitigated
- Provision of guidance on the use and storage of waste and production consumables to deliver efficient and compliant operations
- Ownership of all process computer (DCS) parameters.
- Identify all system and /or procedural changes flowing from the project and manage changes in compliance with the Indaver Management of Change process and procedures
- Degree in a process related area of study supported by significant applicable experience
- Proven process engineering experience within a power generation or continuous process industry utilising combustion processes, high pressure steam and corresponding emissions treatment equipment
- Knowledge and experience within a High Temperature Continuous Process’ (metallurgy, power generation, cement industry, petrochemicals).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to design fit for purpose solutions.
- Skilled at building relationships based on mutual trust, ensuring transparency in communications and actions with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organised with a focus on achieving results through continuous improvement
Taking care of our colleagues is of upmost importance to us, at Indaver we provide an excellent range of benefits to provide our colleagues with the additional support and flexibility to enable a truly enjoyable work life balance. Our range of benefits enable our colleagues to enjoy life at any stage while growing a career path, including:
- Attractive Pension scheme
- Paid training with study and exam leave
- Long service rewards, including increased Annual Leave
- Cycle to work scheme